14 March, 2013

I'm a Tree




I’M  A  TREE

I thank god for her presence and touch,
Awaiting her forever on the nook,
Along the hills, standing golden as a Midas touch,
She went quiet, a lot of steps along the brook,

I’m an ancestral priest of your solitudes,
My death is luckier than, without you, surviving alone,
Though a tree, my tears are my fruits,
Taking a lifetime to cast the heart of stone,

I await you standing day and night,
I have a foolish fear of losing you,
Because betrayal’s bark is worse than its bite,
But your eyes are blissful and true blue,


I love you since my primordial breathe,
As your smiles are my pearls of wisdom,
And will love you till my heart stops to beat,
With my last beat, with me, my love is entombed,

I’m a tree, the universal grain of truth,
I wilt keep you in my shade,
My twofold twigs are arms to embrace your youth,
My leaves on your lips are basses to be made,

I’m a tree; I’ve honors and a warm heart,
Who talks to you by its trembling leaves,
But by your vapid smiles, my soul departs,
Unveiling beauteous twilights under my leaves,

A pair of blessed eyes and spotless charms,
An undiscording voice, an untold delight,
Entrusted timely happy soul without shams,
Searched you in god’s unapproached lights,


If soul goes, it never returns,
So does the dried vernal eglantine,
Some listless lessons to be learnt,
Let my twigs with your arms entwine,

Only they love who stand and wait,
Awaiting you, my patience seeks solace,
Oh God! Send my love, send my fate,
I’m still and opaque sprinkling grace,

Watch my verdurous leaves in the Sun,
Since time was born, since time passed by,
Each leaf covering another one,
As clouds covering the azure sky,

I fall not by the wildest Gales,
Though never stolid and soulless,
Though sometimes discolored as lifeless tales,
Though spread everywhere still motionless,


My first and last love is all done as we met,
Time came and gone as eroded speck,
Now who wilt teach whom to forget?
Let hearts from lands of dream speak,

Forget the unseen accusers of past,
Unsated always accusers still speak,
To hide you I have shades to cast,
I let million sleepers rest under my neck,


I’m a tree, from a dark forest under the dark sky,
But I want to be a human to live with you,
How can anyone make you sad, make you cry?
I’m a tree, too good to be true, to be with you,

Till the end of this world,
I have faith in you…..
                                                                           -KISHOR JANGDA

No comments:

Post a Comment