14 March, 2013

MIRRORS


MIRRORS
I saw a man with a lot of grief,
Again, I saw a man with a bit of relief,
Then I saw a man, who had adorers,
And I too saw a man dressed like explorers,

I saw them in the day, they saw me in the night,
I saw them in darkness, they saw me in light,
They saw me in the body, I saw them in the soul,
They saw me in pieces; I saw them as whole,

I started walking then; covered a groundless mile,
Then I met a secret spirit living in exile,
Again I took a new step to search somebody kind,
I saw then a statue; deaf, dumb and blind,

Leaving trails like gypsies I walked in plight,
Just then I saw in human form, an ignited light,
With ascetic wholeness from illusions I awoke,
And the fire was gone leaving ash and smoke,

I was too weak, diffused; fell on the ground,
Now I was the dust spread and dust was all around,
I stood up in disbelief against storm of terrors,
Lo! I realized, I walked in a world of mirrors.

-Kishor Jangda



No comments:

Post a Comment